Mexican Jumping Bean Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have you ever seen Mexican jumping beans? They're amazing! And so is this salad, so wait till you see it practically jump out of the bowl onto people's plates. I bet that'll have you jumping for joy!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups cold cooked white rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium-sized red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup Garlic Garlic Dressing or bottled Italian dressing
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the dressing.
- Add the dressing and toss gently to coat well.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
I like to make this salad the night before I plan to serve it so that the dressing flavors can really penetrate the rice and beans.