Roast Beefy Salad
- 15 Min
Attention all roast beef fans! We've got a simple salad recipe that you just can't miss! Our salad recipe for Roast Beefy Salad is surely a can't-miss kind of lunch 'cause it uses such a unique array of ingredients that'll make you feel like a true chef. If you're tired of always making a plain ol' Caesar salad all the time, then this roast beef salad recipe is a must try. From peanuts to jalapenos to mint leaves and more, you'll be amazed at how this array of ingredients can come together to form one tasty dish.
What You'll Need
- 2 onion slices, cut 1/4-inch thick
- 3 green onions, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 18 fresh mint leaves
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded (see note)
- 3 fresh cilantro sprigs
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (see note)
- 1 pound thinly sliced Italian-seasoned deli roast beef, cut into strips
- Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped cocktail peanuts
- 4 green onions, diagonally sliced
What to Do
- Process first 7 ingredients in a food processor until blended.
- Arrange beef strips over lettuce, and sprinkle with peanuts and sliced green onions. Serve with dressing.
If you can't find fish sauce in the Asian section of your supermarket, substitute 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 tablespoon water. And, when seeding jalapenos, it's best to wear rubber gloves. The seeds and veins in the pepper are hot and can burn your hands- and your eyes, too.
Read NextBest Broccoli Salad