Southwestern Salad Toss
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!
What You'll Need
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- CREAMY CILANTRO DRESSING
- 1 cup cilantro, stems removed
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, tomatoes, corn, onion, and black beans; set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine dressing ingredients; process until smooth.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate any leftover dressing for later use.
Check This Out!
- Want to try another restaurant-worthy salad that's simple to put together at home? Then try our Bistro Chicken Salad and you might just feel like you're dining in a French Bistro!
- We've got more salads! Try our Broccoli and Cheese Salad or our Cob Macaroni Salad.
- For more delicious Tex-Mex recipes, try our Beefy Enchiladas or oue Sassy Chicken Street Tacos.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 410
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30g 47 %
- Saturated Fat 4.0g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 7.7g 15 %
- Cholesterol 6.5mg 2 %
- Sodium 403mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 9.2g 37 %
- Sugars 4.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.