Southwestern Salad Toss
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Y'know how good salads taste when you order them from a restaurant? Well, we recreated one of our favorites and came up with this recipe for Southwestern Salad Toss that we think is even better than the original! Full of yummy mix-ins and topped off with a light, fresh, and flavorful dressing, this salad will definitely impress everyone!
What You'll Need
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- CREAMY CILANTRO DRESSING
- 1 cup cilantro, stems removed
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, tomatoes, corn, onion, and black beans; set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine dressing ingredients; process until smooth.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate any leftover dressing for later use.
Check This Out!
- Want to try another restaurant-worthy salad that's simple to put together at home? Then try our Bistro Chicken Salad and you might just feel like you're dining in a French Bistro!
- We've got more salads! Try our Broccoli and Cheese Salad or our Cob Macaroni Salad.
- For more delicious Tex-Mex recipes, try our Beefy Enchiladas or oue Sassy Chicken Street Tacos.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 410
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30g 47 %
- Saturated Fat 4.0g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 7.7g 15 %
- Cholesterol 6.5mg 2 %
- Sodium 403mg 17 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 9.2g 37 %
- Sugars 4.8g 0 %