The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
When it comes to choosing healthier meal options and indulging in something delicious, there's always a happy middle; we've found that perfect balance in our Steakhouse Salad! If you can't give up your love of steak, but need to start looking for something lighter at dinnertime, this is the recipe for you. This meal gets a seal of approval from both veggie lovers and meat lovers everywhere, so don't miss out!
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) strip steak
- Montreal steak seasoning for sprinkling
- 1 (6-ounce) package spring mixed greens
- 1 tomato, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 red onion, cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette dressing
What to Do
- Sprinkle steak evenly on both sides with steak seasoning. Coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Place steak on grill pan and cook 10 to 15 minutes for medium doneness, turning halfway through cooking. Let steak stand 5 minutes, then carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, arrange mixed greens, tomato chunks, and rings of onions on a serving platter. Top with steak slices and crumbled blue cheese. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
So Many Options:
- As for the dressing, feel free to use that bottled one on the door of your fridge, or better yet, why not make one from scratch. Here are a couple that we recommend; try our Poppy Seed Vinaigrette or our classic Basic Vinaigrette Dressing!
- If you're looking for more tasty salad recipes, try our Barbecue Salmon Salad, our Italian BLT Bread Salad, South-of-the-Border BBQ Chicken Salad.
- For more fantastic steak recipes, try our English Pub Steak Sandwiches, our Garlic Lovers' Steak, or our Weeknight Surf 'n' Turf!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Aug 08, 2019
When I lived in Pittsburgh, PA twenty years ago steak salad was very popular. Thank you for reminding me of it once again.
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This is the richest, creamiest, and most amazing flan you'll ever taste! No, really. Our flan is the kind that dreams are made of, which is why we call it our Dreamy Flan. This custardy dessert is a Latin favorite and a real must-try!