Watermelon Wedge Steakhouse Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Forget using boring old lettuce for your next wedge salad. Shauna H. came up with a super creative recipe that uses watermelon to sweet things up! But, what really takes this over the top, is creamy-good steak house dressing! Top it off with some crumbled bacon, and it's so good, you'll want it year round! Shauna's Watermelon Wedge Steakhouse Salad took first place in the flesh category of the 2018 Use the Whole Watermelon Contest, and after one bite, you'll know exactly why!
What You'll Need
- Steakhouse Dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup finely diced watermelon
- 1/3 cup peeled and finely diced watermelon rind
- 1/4 cup watermelon puree
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 watermelon wedges (see photo)
- 4 tablespoons crumbled bacon
- 4 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 scallion, sliced
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine dressing ingredients; mix well.
- Place watermelon wedges on serving plates and top with dressing. Sprinkle with bacon, blue cheese, pecans and scallions. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Refrigerate any leftover dressing it will last about a week in the fridge.
- For more creative watermelon recipes, check out the winners of the 2018 Use the Whole Watermelon Contest, hosted by the Watermelon Board, make sure to click below!