We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The smoked sausage in this rich tomato-based sauce will make your taste buds stand up and take notice of our easy-as-can-be gumbo.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut okra, thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
What to Do
- In a 6-quart soup pot, combine the sausage, water, tomatoes, okra, thyme, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
Want to make this even more authentic-tasting? Add a pound of cooked and peeled shrimp 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 500
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 33g 50 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 54 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 18g 35 %
- Cholesterol 69mg 23 %
- Sodium 1,261mg 53 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.3g 13 %
- Sugars 6.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party? If so, then you've got to make our Not-Fried Chicken Cheese Balls! They feature the delicious trio of chicken, cheese, and bacon in an easy-to-eat form. Your guests will love taking a bite out of these (and you'll love how simple they are to make!).