Chicken and Dumplings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This dish tastes like it takes all day to prepare but, the truth is, it comes together in a snap! You're going to love this recipe for Chicken and Dumplings because it's all the old-fashioned, warm, and cozy flavor with almost no time and effort at all! This one-pot wonder is going to really hit the spot.
What You'll Need
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 8 cups chicken broth (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix (see Note)
- 2/3 cup milk (see Note)
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
What to Do
- Coat a soup pot with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add celery and carrots; saute 6 minutes, or until tender. Stir in broth, poultry seasoning, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together biscuit mix and milk until blended. Turn dough out onto a heavily floured surface; roll or pat dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into 1- x 3-inch strips.
- Drop strips one at a time into boiling broth. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until dumplings are cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add chicken and stir until heated through, 3 to 4 additional minutes. Serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- You can lighten up this Southern classic without sacrificing taste. Substitute low-sodium fat-free chicken broth, reduced-fat biscuit baking mix, and fat-free milk for their regular counterparts.
- Want even more tasty soups and stews? Check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes!
- Need Chicken and Dumplings a different way? Try our Old-Fashioned Chicken & Dumplings or our Shortcut Chicken 'n' Dumplings.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Try your hand at making your own homemade candy with our recipe for Mini Almond Dream Bars. Just like the name implies, these 4-ingredient candy bars taste like a dream. You can make these any time, so you have them on-hand whenever you're craving a sweet treat!