Easy Kentucky Burgoo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Burgoo is a big favorite for Kentucky Derby-watching parties, and our version of Easy Kentucky Burgoo make this hearty stew even simpler to pull off. And whether for the big race or anytime at all, it's a one-pot that always satisfies.
What You'll Need
- 1 (3-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 pound beef top round, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen vegetable gumbo mix, thawed
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine chicken, beef, broth, and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover loosely, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetable gumbo mix and tomato paste. Increase heat to medium-high and return to a boil. Let boil 25 to 30 minutes, or until thick, stirring occasionally.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!