Egg Foo Yung
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you've got a hankering for breakfast for dinner, then our Egg Foo Yung is right up your alley. Of course you can make it for dinner, but if you're looking to switch up your ordinary breakfast routine, then this is the dish for you!
What You'll Need
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound fresh bean sprouts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 pound thick-sliced deli roast pork, coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can chicken gravy
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
What to Do
In a large bowl, beat eggs; add mushrooms, bean sprouts, pork, scallions, salt, and pepper; mix well.
In a large nonstick skillet over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Spoon three 1/4-cup measures of egg mixture into skillet to form "pancakes"; cook about 2 minutes, or until golden brown, turning halfway through the cooking. Remove to a serving platter and cover to keep warm. Repeat until all the egg mixture has been cooked, adding more oil to the skillet as needed.
- Remove skillet from heat and add gravy, soy sauce, and ginger; mix well. Place over medium heat and cook 1 minute, or until warmed through. Serve gravy over pancakes.
Ask the deli at your supermarket to slice the roast pork into thick slices. Then you can chop them coarsely to get good-sized chunks of pork in your pancakes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 726
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 37g 56 %
- Saturated Fat 9.1g 45 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 44g 88 %
- Cholesterol 523mg 174 %
- Sodium 1,354mg 56 %
- Total Carbohydrates 56g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 13g 53 %
- Sugars 6.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"