Fast Taco Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fast Taco Pie is a quick and savory pie full of all the flavors kids of all ages love for dinner. If you've been looking for the ultimate ground beef skillet recipe, then you've come to the right place! With a tasty mix of Mexican flavors and good, hearty ingredients including lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and ground beef, you're in for a dinner to remember with this one!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
What to Do
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef 6 to 7 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently; drain off excess liquid.
- Stir in refried beans and salsa, breaking up mixture with the back of a spoon. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes, or until well combined and heated through, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat, scrape down sides with a spatula, and smooth mixture evenly in skillet.
- Arrange lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream in concentric circles (one inside the next) on top of beef mixture, and serve immediately.
- If you prefer, remove the beef mixture to a platter then layer with the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream. And don't forget the tortilla chips!
- For a great appetizer, our Black Bean Salsa really hits the spot!
- If you'd like to stay with the theme of this delicious Tex-Mex recipe, why not end your meal with a cool and creamy Quick Tres Leches!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This one is pure comfort food heaven! Our hearty Cheesy Bacon Pierogi Bake is bursting with creamy texture and smoky flavor! This stick-to-your-ribs favorite doubles as both a main dish, or as a cheesy go-along. No matter how you serve this up, this all-in-one dish is perfect for any occasion!