Hearty Italian One Pot
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our hearty Italian One Pot is a meal in a bowl! With turkey sausage, beans, potatoes, and vegetables, including lots of hearty kale, you'll be full the whole night through!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 (15-ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chopped kale (we use a mixture of Bright Lights and Salad Savoy)
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; cook sausage and onions 8 to 10 minutes, or until sausage is browned.
- Add remaining ingredients except the kale, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 minutes, or until carrots and potatoes are tender. Stir in greens and cook 15 minutes, or until greens are wilted.
Want more great recipes from Salad Savoy? Check out their site! If you want to try any of the Salad Savoy products and you don't see them in your local grocery store, ask the Produce Manager.
- Have you ever roasted cauliflower? If not, you don't know what you're missing! Click here for the Mr. Food Test Kitchen recipe.