One Pot Whatever
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With a name like this, you may be wondering what the mystery is. No mystery, just a hearty beefy one-skillet meal you can't go wrong serving anytime. Our One Pot Whatever may become your new go-to meal!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds beef (shoulder, round, or chuck steak) cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans beef broth (or bouillon)
What to Do
- In a large skillet, brown beef in butter.
- Add onion, celery, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper; reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add wine and broth; cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Serve over noodles, rice, or slices of garlic bread. You can substitute oil for the butter, bottle garlic for the fresh, or use a different wine.
- Want even more "Quick & Easy" dinner recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Fuss-Free Meals: 35 Simple Skillet Recipes and One-Pot Recipes!
- For more one-pot delights, check out our collection page: Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking to shake up the menu at your game day bash? If so, then you need to make these Honey BBQ Chicken Bites. They've got a crispy seasoned coating that makes them really addictive. And when they're drizzled with our homemade honey BBQ sauce, you can bet they're going to make 'em disappear!