We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that Paella is a traditional Spanish dish that may have different combinations of meat, seafood, and vegetables? And it always has a flavored rice. With these combinations of goodies, we can always count on it!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16-ounce) package smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-sized fresh shrimp (about 35 per pound)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup converted rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, undrained
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen green peas
What to Do
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat, and sauté sausage 10 minutes. Remove sausage, leaving drippings in skillet.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; set aside.
- Add broth to drippings in skillet, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet; bring to a boil. Stir in rice, curry powder, and salt. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in sausage, shrimp, and pimiento; cook 10 to 12 more minutes or until shrimp and rice are done. Stir in peas; cover and cook 1 to 2 more minutes.
I like to use converted rice (the parboiled kind) in this recipe because it doesn't get gummy.