Skillet Corned Beef and Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't bother with the slow cooker or the pressure cooker! All you need for this corned beef and cabbage recipe is a skillet. In about 20 minutes, you'll be ready to dig in!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 cups chunked green cabbage (1/2 a large head)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans whole potatoes, drained (see Notes)
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can sliced carrots, drained
- 3/4 pound deli-style corned beef, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add cabbage, and saute 6 to 8 minutes, until very soft but not brown. Add salt and pepper; mix well.
- Add potatoes and carrots, and top with corned beef. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until completely heated through. Serve immediately.
- For this dish, it’s best to rinse the canned potatoes and drain them well before adding.
- If you’d like a more traditional flavor, add 1 teaspoon pickling spice along with the salt and pepper.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)