Belgian Berry Waffles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 large waffles
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Inspired by the traditional Belgian waffles in Germany, our recipe for Belgian Berry Waffles makes waffles so fluffy, they taste gourmet! To make 'em even better, we top 'em off with a sweet and tangy berry compote and a dollop of whipped cream!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (12-ounce) packages frozen mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 cups pancake and waffle mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for garnish
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cranberry juice, 1/2 cup sugar, and the mixed berries. Bring to a boil and let cook 10 minutes, or until berries have softened, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon water. Slowly whisk into berry mixture and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine waffle mix, egg, oil, remaining water, remaining sugar, and the vanilla; mix until well combined.
- Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle maker and cook 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to a platter and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm berry compote over waffles and top with whipped cream. Refrigerate any leftover berry compote.
Be sure to check the manufacturer's directions for more details.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Crispy Avocado Wedges are a summer-fresh way to enjoy something crispy-crunchy. They're also a healthier alternative to french fries. Serve them with our homemade cilantro dipping sauce and you've got yourself a tasty snack (or side dish) that can't be beat!