Chocolate Banana Baked French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The idea behind brunch is to serve dishes that are a little out of the ordinary and extra-special. This is the perfect example, 'cause it goes way beyond ordinary French toast. Why, the name speaks for itself...and so does the taste!
What You'll Need
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2-stick) butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork and add the eggs, milk, melted butter, 3 tablespoons sugar, and the vanilla; mix until well beaten. Add bread and toss until completely coated.
- Pour into prepared baking dish then sprinkle with chocolate chips and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until set and golden. Cut into squares, and serve.
- I like to mix this in a big soup pot so that I have enough room to really stir it up. To keep things exciting (and sinful!), top it with sliced bananas and ooey gooey hot fudge. Mmm mmm!
- If you liked this recipe, don't forget to check out our Top 10 Simple French Toast Recipes!
- Want even more great recipes like our Chocolate Banana Baked French Toast? Then check out our free eCookbook, Easy Breezy Brunch: 26 Easy Brunch Recipes for Any Occasion.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.