Crispy French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Can't decide between cereal and french toast for breakfast? How about combining the two and making our recipe for Crispy French Toast? All you need is 10 minutes and some easy ingredients and you've got a breakfast that's worth every mouthful.
What You'll Need
- 4 cups coarsely crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1-pound) loaf egg bread (challah), cut into 8 (1-inch) slices
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine crushed cereal, sugar, and cinnamon; mix well and set aside.
- In another shallow dish, beat eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Dip one slice of bread in egg mixture, coating both sides, then place in cereal mixture, coating both sides. Repeat with remaining bread.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook bread slices 2 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden. Remove to a paper towel-lined platter and cover to keep warm. Serve immediately with syrup or your favorite fresh fruit.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This cookie recipe combines two of Mrs. Claus' holiday favorites: gingerbread and eggnog! Mrs. Claus' Holiday Cookie Cups look great on a Christmas cookie platter, but they taste even better. After all, what could be better than a gingerbread cup filled with a fluffy eggnog cream? (Rumor has it that Santa and the elves really love these!)