French Toast in a Mug
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Breakfast on-the-go just got even better with our French Toast in a Mug recipe! In just about two minutes you can have a decadent breakfast that tastes like the perfect cross between french toast and rich bread pudding. Add a drizzle of syrup to take it over the top!
What You'll Need
- 2 slices bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Coat a 12-ounce microwaveable coffee mug with cooking spray. Place bread cubes in mug and press down lightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk, egg, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour egg mixture over bread cubes and let soak in for 1 minute.
- Microwave on high 1 minute, then add 10 seconds at a time till it's set.
- We used challah bread for this but feel free to use whatever bread you have on hand.
- Serve with maple syrup or sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- There are lots of yummy dishes you can prepare with a mug and a microwave! Try our Chocolate Mug Brownie and our Mexican Coffee Cup Scramble for 2 delicious options!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to choosing healthier meal options and indulging in something delicious, you can have both with our Steakhouse Salad! If you can't give up your love of steak, but need to start looking for something lighter at dinner time, this is the recipe for you. This meal gets a seal of approval from both veggie lovers and meat lovers everywhere, so don't miss out!