Maple French Toast Sticks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!
What You'll Need
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 hot dog rolls, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, beat eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, confectioners' sugar, and cinnamon until well blended. Dip hot dog roll halves into egg mixture, coating completely.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Cook rolls a few at a time 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter as needed.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool, then cover and chill until ready to serve. Reheat in a preheated 250 degree oven 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- This is just the thing to make the night before serving, so the next morning you can simply reheat it in the oven or toaster oven (not the microwave) for a hot breakfast treat in no time.
- If you liked this recipe, don't forget to check out our Top 10 Simple French Toast Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.