Maple French Toast Sticks
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!
What You'll Need
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 hot dog rolls, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, beat eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, confectioners' sugar, and cinnamon until well blended. Dip hot dog roll halves into egg mixture, coating completely.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Cook rolls a few at a time 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter as needed.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool, then cover and chill until ready to serve. Reheat in a preheated 250 degree oven 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- This is just the thing to make the night before serving, so the next morning you can simply reheat it in the oven or toaster oven (not the microwave) for a hot breakfast treat in no time.
- If you liked this recipe, don't forget to check out our Top 10 Simple French Toast Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It's time to pinch pennies, so picking up a pack or two of chicken thighs will help you do that. But just because chicken thighs are a bargain doesn't mean they have to taste like a budget meal. Our recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs proves it!