Painted French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's time to add a little creativity to your traditional French toast. This French toast recipe is super easy, not to mention a load of fun for the kids. This Mother's Day, let the kids help out in the kitchen by making this Painted French Toast as a unique Mother's Day breakfast or brunch idea. They'll love making the perfect message or picture for Mom, and she'll love her special breakfast. It's a win-win!
What You'll Need
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Assorted liquid food colors
- 4 new small nontoxic paintbrushes
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Pour 1/4 cup egg mixture into each of 4 small bowls, reserving the remaining mixture in a shallow dish. Add the desired amount of different food color to each bowl.
- Paint a message and/or design on each bread slice with the desired colored egg mixture. Dip the painted bread into the reserved egg mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bread, in batches, and cook for 1-1/2 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter as needed.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!