Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll feel like you woke up in a charming country inn when you taste this stuffed French toast. It's so creamy smooth, it's like eating a warm dessert cheesecake!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 8 slices country white bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar; mix well then stir in preserves. Spread equally over 4 bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices, forming sandwiches.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, completely coating both sides. Cook 2 sandwiches at a time for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet and cook remaining 2 sandwiches. Slice each in half diagonally, and serve.
Make this look and taste extra-fancy by topping it with additional confectioners' sugar and maple syrup and/or fresh fruit.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 448
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26g 40 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 73 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 10g 20 %
- Cholesterol 158mg 53 %
- Sodium 463mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 44g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5 %
- Sugars 20g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!