Classic Alfredo Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who would have thought a classic could be this easy with butter, heavy cream, black pepper and Parmesan cheese? Yup - four ingredients, one pan, a few minutes, and we're ready for some really good eatin'! This homemade Alfredo sauce recipe is one you'll be able to whip out at a moment's notice, so you and your family can start eatin' good right away! Soon, you'll be finding excuses to have multiple pasta nights a week.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat and stir in the cream and pepper. Continue stirring 6 to 8 minutes, or until hot.
Stir in the cheese until thoroughly mixed and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently. Serve immediately.
- Toss this with about 1 pound of pasta and top with additional Parmesan cheese. There's a reason Fettuccine Alfredo is a classic, you know - it's the perfect marriage of wide noodles with cream sauce. We can even use spinach-flavored fettuccine to get nice contrast between the green pasta and the white sauce.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!
- For more fantastic sauce recipes, check out our collection of Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy recipe is sure to become a family-favorite! Our Beef 'n' Broccoli Noodle Toss is an Asian-inspired dish that starts with budget-friendly ramen noodles. Whip it up for a quick weeknight dinner that's sure to please everyone!