Fresh Tomato Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Add an extra-homemade touch to your favorite pasta dish with our recipe for Fresh Tomato Sauce. This basic tomato sauce recipe goes well with just about anything!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
What to Do
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and garlic just until garlic starts to brown. Stir in tomatoes, salt, and pepper and continue cooking over medium-low heat 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in basil just before serving.
Serve over your favorite pasta!
- For more heart-healthy information and tips on adding olive oil to your diet, visit www.aboutoliveoil.org.