Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Red, hot, and spicy! Roasted red peppers and crushed red pepper give this sauce just the right kick. Just watch those die-hard "pasta-holics" dive into this one.
What You'll Need
- 6 large red bell peppers, quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F. In a medium-sized bowl, toss together the bell peppers and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until well coated. Place on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender. Place in the bowl of a food processor that has been fitted with its metal cutting blade; purèe the peppers.
- In a large soup pot, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat and sauté the garlic until golden.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, then add the purèed peppers. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to "marry".
Makes about 6 cups.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!