Zesty Tomato Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This really gets my mouth watering! And when I get the urge to have it, I can whip it up in no time, 'cause there's no cooking.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
What to Do
- Place the oil, garlic, salt, oregano, basil, sugar, vinegar, hot pepper sauce, and Parmesan cheese in a blender; puree until smooth.
- Pour the puree into a large bowl, then mix in the diced tomatoes and scallion.
- Serve at room temperature.
Makes about 4 cups.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy yet elegant version of prime rib will rival anything you can find at the fanciest restaurant. Our Test Kitchen made sure that this one is low on work and high on good taste. Perfect for holiday entertaining or enjoying all year long.