American Pasta Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 6 side dish servings
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Here's a pasta salad that's got a little bit of everything, just like America! Our American Pasta Salad is full of yummy herbs, veggies, eggs, cheese...you name it! It's great for picnics, barbecues, and everyday get-togethers.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound pasta (shells or twists)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 or 5 scallion, finely chopped
What to Do
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, blend the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, vinegar, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Drain and rinse pasta and add to the mayonnaise mixture; mix well.
- Add the chopped eggs, mozzarella cheese, red pepper, and scallions Mix just until combined. Serve immediately, or cover and chill for several hours or overnight to blend flavors.
- Add some diced salami or pepperoni and the salad becomes a whole meal in itself.
- For flavor variations, try adding 1/2 teaspoon of dillweed or basil.
- This pasta salad is ready to eat right away, but it's even better the next day! Just store it covered, in the refrigerator, overnight. Yum!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 714
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 39g 60 %
- Saturated Fat 7.9g 40 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 22g 44 %
- Cholesterol 233mg 78 %
- Sodium 950mg 40 %
- Total Carbohydrates 64g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.7g 15 %
- Sugars 4.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!