We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Never knew potato dumplings could be this good. Thanks, Anthony. This Italian dinner favorite is a homemade specialty you'd find in one of those around-the-corner Italian restaurants. Now, we've come up with a version you'll want to make for your entire family. Don't get intimidated we know that homemade gnocchi can seem difficult to make, but soon, you'll know better!
What You'll Need
- 2 bags (1 pound each) frozen gnocchi (potato dumplings)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bag (3 ounces) sun-dried tomatoes, blanched, drained and slivered
- 1/2 cup chopped stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup heavy cream
What to Do
- Prepare the gnocchi according to the package directions; drain, rinse with hot water, drain again, place in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; sauté the onion and garlic lightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and olives to the skillet and mix, then add the sherry.
- Mix again, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the heavy cream, stir, then simmer until heated through.
- Mix with the gnocchi and serve.