We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No need to dirty up a bunch of dishes for this Baked Ziti. Now, that's what we call convenient.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 pound ground chuck
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 12 ounces ziti, cooked according to package directions
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 pound sliced mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta and marinara sauce.
- Spoon half of meat mixture into a greased 9- x 13-inch baking dish; top with half of mozzarella and remaining meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until heated. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheeses melt.
Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil to the cooking water to keep the pasta from sticking together and to prevent the water from foaming up and over the sides of the pan.