Baked Ziti with Sausage and Artichokes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's fancy enough for company, yet simple enough to be a potluck favorite any night of the week.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound uncooked ziti
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 jar (25 to 28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups (1 pound) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, sauté the sausage over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain the liquid from the cooked sausage and add it to the ziti along with the artichoke hearts, spaghetti sauce, crushed tomatoes, garlic powder, pepper, and 3 cups of the mozzarella cheese; mix well.
- Pour into a 9" x 13" baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until heated through.
You can buy canned artichokes already quartered, or buy whole canned ones and cut them yourself.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 789
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 28g 43 %
- Saturated Fat 14g 72 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 45g 90 %
- Cholesterol 90mg 30 %
- Sodium 2,041mg 85 %
- Total Carbohydrates 91g 30 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.9g 28 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!