Broccoli and Cheese Manicotti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Try our Broccoli and Cheese Manicotti tonight. It's a satisfying, homestyle baked Italian favorite that you'll find a cinch to make from scratch, especially when you use our fool-proof trick for filling the pasta shells!
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces manicotti shells
- 1 (32-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella chesse, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, the Parmesan cheese, egg, salt, and pepper. Add broccoli; mix well.
- Fill each manicotti shell with about 1/3 cup cheese mixture (see Notes) and place in prepared baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over stuffed shells and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
For an easy way to fill manicotti shells, place cheese mixture in a resealable plastic storage bag. Snip off a corner of bag and squeeze cheese mixture into shells.
For an extra burst of flavor, add 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg to the cheese mixture.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 862
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45g 69 %
- Saturated Fat 27g 135 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 49g 99 %
- Cholesterol 206mg 69 %
- Sodium 1,479mg 62 %
- Total Carbohydrates 64g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.2g 17 %
- Sugars 9.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an all-in-one skillet meal that your family is sure to love! Our All-in-One Sausage Dinner is made with your favorite Italian sausage, along with some veggies, and yummy egg noodles. Everything cooks together in a homemade sour cream sauce for extra-goodness. And it only takes about 30 minutes!