Capellini with Light Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Simple, quick, fresh ... Just perfect when you want to feel satisfied and summertime light at the same time.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound capellini (angel hair pasta) or other long, thin pasta shape
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, for tossing
What to Do
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta to desired doneness; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil to medium-high heat; add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper; cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add the chicken broth and stir until heated through. Pour the mixture over the hot pasta, toss with Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.