We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're sure you've never seen this variation of cheesesteak OR pierogies! It's definitely worth trying this simple, fun and tasty twist on these iconic ethnic and cultural foods.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.9-ounce) package frozen potato and Cheddar pierogies
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green), sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound boneless sirloin or flank steak, thinly sliced (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Boil pierogies according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers, onion, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add vegetables to pierogies; toss gently to combine.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in skillet. Add steak, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the pepper. Cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Return pierogies and vegetables to skillet; toss with steak. Sprinkle with cheese, cover, remove from heat, and let stand 3 to 5 minutes, just until cheese begins to melt.
Slicing is easier when the steak is partially frozen.
Recipe courtesy of Mrs. T's Pierogies. For more information and other pierogi recipes, visit www.pierogies.com.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!