Company Special Mac 'n' Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Having company and want to dish up some old-fashioned comfort food? Then you've got to try our delicious Company Special Mac 'n Cheese. This cheesy twist on the traditional is sure to impress all your guests!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 1 pound Gouda, Muenster or Havarti (semi-soft cheese with herbs), shredded
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
What to Do
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 6 ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
In a large pot, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in another large pot over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup butter. Add flour, salt, and pepper; mix well. Gradually add milk, bring to a boil, and cook until smooth and thickened, stirring constantly. Add cheese and continue stirring until melted. Pour macaroni into pot, mixing until well combined. Spoon into prepared ramekins.
In a medium bowl, melt remaining butter in microwave. Stir in crushed crackers; mix until crumbs are evenly coated. Sprinkle evenly over top of macaroni.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through.
Go to town with these by using some of the flavored cheeses that are in the market. We tested this with Rosemary and Garlic Gouda and a Monterey Jack.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 879
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44g 68 %
- Saturated Fat 26g 131 %
- Trans Fat 0.9g 0 %
- Protein 36g 73 %
- Cholesterol 140mg 47 %
- Sodium 1,356mg 57 %
- Total Carbohydrates 84g 28 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g 12 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %