Fettuccine al Mascarpone
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't let the name of this dish scare you! It's just fancy mac and cheese! Mascarpone is a velvety-rich, creamy cheese with a delicate flavor, and this dish will surely make your tummy very happy!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package dried fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 5 thin slices, prosciutto, coarsely chopped (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese (see note)
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and toss with softened butter in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle prosciutto and next 3 ingredients over pasta; toss well. Add mascarpone, and toss pasta until well blended.
Readily available in the dairy section of the supermarket, mascarpone is the cheese of choice in tiramisu. It can be pricey, so if you need a substitute, try cream cheese.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!