Four Cheese Smoked Mac 'n' Cheese
See exactly how to make smoked mac and cheese with our brilliant and simple recipe.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1-1/2 cups
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 20 Min
You'll be blown away by the smoky, cheesy flavors in this Four Cheese Smoked Mac 'n' Cheese. If you've never made macaroni and cheese in a smoker, you're in for a real treat! The smoker adds a hearty, summer flavor to this mac and cheese recipe to make it a whole new flavor experience.
If you don't have a smoker, that's okay too! We found a way to get the same great flavor, right in your own oven! Simply watch our video to see our secret. Make sure you scroll down for the ingredients and materials needed, along with our step-by-step written instructions and images to help you master this creamy smoked mac and cheese recipe.
Serve up this creamy smoked mac and cheese for dinner tonight, or bring a piping hot pan along to your next backyard barbecue or potluck -- it'll be the star of the show!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) block extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) block smoked Gouda cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 (4-ounce) wedge Parmesan cheese, shredded
Smoked Mac and Cheese Instructions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter; whisk flour into butter and cook over medium heat 2 minutes. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil; remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese, salt, and pepper until mixture is smooth.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. (See tip on smoking.) Coat a disposable 9-1/2- x 11- x 2-inch aluminum roasting pan with cooking spray. (We like using an aluminum pan here in case you want to put this in your outdoor smoker, otherwise a 9- x13-inch baking dish will be fine.)
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheddar, 2 cups smoked Gouda cheese, the Parmesan cheese, pasta, and sauce.
- Spoon mixture into roasting pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake (or smoke) 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake 15 to 20 more minutes or until heated through.
If you just can't get enough macaroni and cheese recipes in your life, then be sure to check out our collection of The Best Macaroni and Cheese Recipes. We bet you'll find a new way to enjoy all that ooey-gooey, cheesiness! Find it here: 22 Best Mac and Cheese Recipes
Test Kitchen Tip
- Although the cheese will give this a natural smoky flavor, you can make this extra yummy by placing this in your smoker and smoking it for 45 minutes to an hour at 225 degrees, until brown, bubbly, and delicious.
- Don't forget to download our FREE eCookbook, The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
What's your favorite BBQ side?
Let us know in the comment section!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 742
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 45g 69 %
- Saturated Fat 27g 137 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 32g 64 %
- Cholesterol 141mg 47 %
- Sodium 1,174mg 49 %
- Total Carbohydrates 52g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 8.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
There's nothing more warm and cozy than a big bowl of chicken soup. And when we're looking for a way to add even more heartiness to our bowls, noodles aren't the only option - wild rice is great too! Our Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is a warm-ya-up favorite that's full of flavor.