Halloween Pasta Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Planning to take a hay ride on Halloween? Well, this dish made with wagon wheel pasta is the perfect side dish to get everybody in the mood for the Halloween hay ride and celebration.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound wagon wheel pasta (see Note)
- 3/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain, rinse, drain again and place in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Wagon wheel pasta can usually be found in the supermarket pasta section, and certainly in specialty markets. It's nice to use in salads like this 'cause the vegetables tend to get stuck in the spokes of the wheels. But sure, any kind of pasta can be used.