Lasagna Stuffed Shells
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're offering up the best of two Italian main dish favorites rolled into one with our Lasagna Stuffed Shells. This easy recipe is sure to add a change of pace excitement to your mealtime routine.
What You'll Need
- 1 (32-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) package jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package directions, drained
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, the eggs, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix well. Stir in sausage until well combined.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce evenly over bottom of prepared baking dish. Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each shell; place filled shells in baking dish.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over filled shells, cover with aluminum foil, and bake 40 minutes.
- Remove foil from dish, and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake 10 to 12 additional minutes, or until shells are heated through and cheese is golden and bubbling. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Start off this Italian feast with a favorite soup, our 4 Bean Minestrone, and you'll have a complete and memorable meal!
Did you know? This recipe was one of best-loved recipes of 2012! Click here to find out what else made the list.
- Plus, if you want to prepare another stuffed dinner recipe, try out our Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage Recipe: Our Easiest Stuffed Cabbage Recipe... Ever.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 839
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43g 66 %
- Saturated Fat 25g 124 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 50g 99 %
- Cholesterol 208mg 69 %
- Sodium 1,704mg 71 %
- Total Carbohydrates 62g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8 %
- Sugars 9.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"