We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our creamy homemade Italian-style Alfredo sauce tossed with linguine pasta tastes like a trip to Italy right in your own kitchen. Nothing in a bottle compares to this easy sauce!
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and saute 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in cream, 1/2 cup broth and basil. Increase heat to high, and bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Add pasta and remaining 1/2 cup broth. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pepper to taste, serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 599
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46g 71 %
- Saturated Fat 28g 141 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 15g 30 %
- Cholesterol 154mg 51 %
- Sodium 576mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 1.7g 0 %