Linguine with Red Clam Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When it comes to easy linguine recipes, our Linguine with Red Clam Sauce is king! These flavors come together in just 30-minutes, which means you'll have a fantastically tasty dinner on the table in no time. The red sauce is our favorite, and we can't think of a better way to enjoy fresh clams.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon slivered fresh basil
- 1 pound linguine
- 4 dozen littleneck clams, cleaned
- Parmesan cheese for grating
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-low heat, heat oil until hot; saute onion and garlic 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce, oregano, crushed red pepper, and basil; simmer on low 15 minutes.
- In a soup pot, cook pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large steamer or soup pot, bring 2-inches of water to boil. Place clams in steamer basket; cover and steam 8 to 10 minutes or until clams open up. Discard any clams that do not open. Remove half the clams from the shells and stir them into the sauce.
- Place linguine in large serving bowl; spoon sauce over linguine and garnish with remaining clams. Grate Parmesan cheese over pasta and serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tips!
- The taste of this dish depends on the type of spaghetti sauce you use, so use your favorite! And remember you can always add extra seasonings to your own liking.
- We love linguine! Be sure to try some of our other easy linguine recipes like Lemon Linguine with Chicken or our Linguine with White Clam Sauce to make dinner extra special and delicious.
- If you're looking for a real treat, try our Miracle Pasta. These noodles are amazingly good!
- For more easy linguine recipes and other mouthwatering noodle recipes, check out our collection of Easy Pasta Recipes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 428
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 0.6g 3 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 22g 43 %
- Cholesterol 22mg 7 %
- Sodium 1,103mg 46 %
- Total Carbohydrates 71g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g 12 %
- Sugars 8.6g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.