Meat Lover's Lasagna
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ground beef and Italian sausage are layered between tender-cooked noodles, classic ricotta cheese, spaghetti sauce, and tasty seasonings to make this Meat Lover's Lasagna "delizioso!" Oh, and let's not forget the blanket of mozzarella cheese that keeps it warm and cozy!
What You'll Need
- 2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 (32-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 18 slices mozzarella
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce evenly over bottom. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and sausage until no pink remains, stirring to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off excess liquid and add remaining spaghetti sauce to meat; mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, garlic powder, and salt; mix well.
- Place 3 noodles over sauce. Spread 1/3 of cheese mixture over noodles, layer with 6 slices mozzarella cheese and spoon 1/3 of meat sauce over cheese. Repeat with 2 more layers, ending with meat sauce and cover with foil.
- Bake 50 minutes, uncover, and place remaining cheese on top. Return to oven to finish baking for 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through in center. Allow to sit 10 minutes before serving.
Can't get enough lasagna in your life? Check out our collection of Easy Lasagna Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!