Northern Italian Pasta and Eggplant
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Make a double batch of our Northern Italian Pasta and Eggplant 'cause it's even better the second day!
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 small unpeeled eggplant, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 3 unpeeled ripe tomatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, set aside, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in oregano then add eggplant and tomatoes, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley, garlic powder, sugar, salt, and peppers.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 10 minutes.
- Pour tomato mixture over cooked pasta, and toss with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
If you'd like, make the sauce a few days before planning to use it. Store, covered, in the refrigerator. Then, when you're ready, you just have to heat it and serve it over cooked pasta.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 556
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22g 34 %
- Saturated Fat 4.0g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 16g 32 %
- Cholesterol 7.3mg 2 %
- Sodium 526mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 75g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 11g 44 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!