We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pasta in stuffing? Sure, why not? And once you taste it, Pasta Stuffing is likely to become a family favorite.
What You'll Need
- 8 ounces small pasta shape, like acine di pepe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups hot chicken broth or hot water
- 1 (7-ounce) package herb-seasoned stuffing mix or cornbread stuffing mix (4 cups)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until just underdone (al dente); drain and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; saute onion and celery until translucent then mix with pasta.
- Add remaining ingredients to pasta and mix together until well blended.
- Place mixture in prepared baking dish and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until light golden.
To make Italian pasta stuffing, prepare the Pasta Stuffing, then add to it the following: 1/2 pound sauteed hot Italian sausage that has been broken into small pieces and cooked through,1 minced garlic clove, 1 jar or 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained, and 1/4 cup chopped parsley.