We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Pasta Rustica features a homemade sauce that's so tasty and easy to make, you'll never buy the stuff in a jar again. And because it comes together in just 30 minutes, making a homemade scratch dinner, that's full of restaurant-quality Italian flavors, has never been so easy. So, boil that water and throw in the pasta because it's time to eat!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped basil leaves
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot; add onion and garlic and saute 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, olives, salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sugar and chicken broth; cook 10 more minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in basil and serve over spaghetti.