Perfect Pesto Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you serve it hot or cold this is a winning pasta dish. Our Perfect Pesto Pasta gets its light, summery fresh taste from ingredients like kale, garlic, olive oil, and basil. Plus, this pasta is a beautiful, bright green, that makes it perfect for serving to company!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 (1-ounce) package fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (16-ounce) package rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add kale and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until wilted.
- Place kale in food processor, add remaining oil, the pine nuts, garlic, basil, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, the salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Process until smooth.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and place in a large bowl. Add kale pesto and tomatoes to pasta, and toss gently until evenly coated. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese and serve.
Want some more ways to enjoy delicious pesto? Try these!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 712
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44g 68 %
- Saturated Fat 6.7g 34 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 16g 31 %
- Cholesterol 7.3mg 2 %
- Sodium 538mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 65g 22 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.6g 18 %
- Sugars 4.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!