We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll never guess what the secret ingredient is in our Pierogi Lasagna. But we're happy to tell you: it's seasoned mashed potatoes! That's right, this recipe combines tasty Italian lasagna and the succulent Polish pierogi, to make a mouthwatering dinner recipe that is totally unexpected. Talk about a totally winning combination! Topped with zesty Cheddar cheese, this vegetarian lasagna is a must-have for your shortcut recipe collection.
What You'll Need
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 onions, finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 cups warm seasoned mashed potatoes, store-bought or homemade
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add salt to onions and saute 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned; reserve 1/2 cup sautéed onions for topping. Add remaining onions, the pepper, and cheese to mashed potatoes; mix well.
- Place 3 noodles on bottom of baking dish. Spread 1/3 of potato mixture over noodles. Repeat layers until a total of 4 layers of noodles and 3 layers of potato mixture have been placed (with a layer of noodles on top). Top with reserved sautéed onions.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.
So Many Options
- Feel free to add some cooked sliced mushrooms to the potatoes, or maybe a cup of well-drained sauerkraut. And season your mashed potatoes however you like them...salt, pepper, and butter work fine!
- Make this a freezer-friendly recipe: Follow recipe above except for baking. Cover assembled recipe with a few layers of foil (to prevent freezer burn) and freeze. When ready to eat, place frozen entree in fridge to thaw for 24 hours in advance. Once thawed, cook at regular time and temperature. Click here for more tips & tricks on freezing our recipes.
- If you enjoyed our Pierogi Lasagna, check out our collection of 22 Easy Lasagna Recipes, and be sure to try our All-in-One Pierogi Skillet!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 443
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 29g 44 %
- Saturated Fat 8.7g 44 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 9.4g 19 %
- Cholesterol 30mg 10 %
- Sodium 359mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 37g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 11 %
- Sugars 4.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.