Plate of Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have you ever wondered why Mama and Grandma made pasta so often? Probably because it's so easy, not to mention budget-friendly. That's why we've come up with a spectacular Plate of Pasta that'll compliment any protein, however, it's also delicious on its own!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound linguine or spaghetti
What to Do
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat olive oil; saute onion and garlic until softened. Add broccoli, chicken broth, parsley, oregano, basil, salt, and red pepper. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes and serve over pasta.
If you want an instant white clam sauce, just add a can or two of chopped clams with the chicken broth. You can even add slices of cooked chicken or pepperoni for a new taste treat.