Quick Madrid Pasta
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Did you know that olives are popular in Spain? The growing conditions are ideal, which makes this abundant vegetable show up in so many traditional Spanish recipes.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (½ stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions (2 to 3 small onions)
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta (capellini), broken into 3- to 4-inch pieces
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup (one 5-ounce jar) salad-style pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat and sauté onion 2 to 3 minutes or until soft. Add capellini and allow it to brown, stirring occasionally.
- When lightly browned, add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
This is off the record, of course, but if you're one of those people who's not crazy about olives, you can leave them out.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 298
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 13g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 6.2g 31 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 7.4g 15 %
- Cholesterol 24mg 8 %
- Sodium 629mg 26 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 3.8g 0 %