Shells and Broccoli
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No need to be overwhelmed with all the pasta choices out there! Today we're getting back to basics. Make our recipe for Shells with Broccoli for a perfect and delicious weeknight dinner staple! This recipe tastes fantastic but is one of the easiest pasta dishes you'll ever make. Let's get cooking!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 pound shell pasta or similar shape
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets with 1-inch stems
- 1/4 pound pepperoni, diced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
What to Do
- In a small skillet over low heat, heat olive oil and butter until melted; stir in garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and crushed red pepper, if desired. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until garlic is soft, stirring occasionally. (Do not let the garlic brown.)
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta and broccoli 8 to 10 minutes or until both are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water. Place pasta and broccoli in a large bowl.
- Toss with garlic mixture, reserved cooking water, and pepperoni. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Check This Out!
We recommend starting off with a bowl of our delicious Minestrone Soup!
- We've got even more fantastic broccoli recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 26 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It's time to pinch pennies, so picking up a pack or two of chicken thighs will help you do that. But just because chicken thighs are a bargain doesn't mean they have to taste like a budget meal. Our recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs proves it!