Sicilian Linguine and Eggplant
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Even if you don't consider yourself an eggplant-lover, we recommend trying our Sicilian Linguine and Eggplant. It's flavor-packed and sure to change your mind one taste bud at a time!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound linguine
- 2/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 small eggplant (about 1 pound), cut into -inch chunks (see Note)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a large pot, cook and drain the linguine according to the package directions. Place the linguine in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons oil; set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Saute the eggplant for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper and saute for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, and linguine, and toss gently until heated through. Serve immediately.
If you prefer, go ahead and peel the eggplant before cutting them into chunks.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!